Saturday, January 10, 2009

Time Warp

I wrote a few month ago that this year Rojita has Bro. Williams for Seminary. The same wonderful Bro. Williams that I had in high school. The other day Rojita and friends were waiting at the Seminary building for me to pick them up, so I was able to go in and chat with him for a while. Truly one of the greatest men ever. When you talk to him, he acts like you are the most important person in the world and whatever you say is so interesting and wonderful. He's great for the self-esteem.



Have you ever watched "The Emperor's New Groove", (one of my favorites), when Yzma is talking to Kuzco and Kuzco isn't hearing a word she's saying. He's just thinking the whole time about how incredible old Yzma is and "what is that green stuff stuck in between her teeth?" Well, for a while there that was me listening to Bro. W. I was thinking, "Wow, when did he get wrinkles. And when did his red hair turn gray? Have I really been out of school that long!?" I know that's not the nicest thing but it was like being in a time warp, and all of a sudden everything got older when just yesterday they weren't. Wow. Okay, there's my brain at work.

It was also a little strange going back into the old Seminary building. But for the most part not much there changed.

I truly could have majored in Seminary if there was such a thing! Those years are where I truly gained my testimony of the Gospel. I love that Rojita loves it just as much as I did.

5 comments:

Jana said...

So when you took the picture did you say that you were taking the picture for your blog so that all his old students would see that his hair is now grey? Yeah, he was great! Although I don't think he liked me as much as you because I talked a lot in that class my Senior year. That was the year that Nicolette P. got sprayed by a skunk and we called her Pepe' Le Pew for the rest of the year. Even Bro. Williams did it - nice as he is!

Lynny said...

That "getting older thing" isn't as easy as it may seem, huh. Welcome to my world. I have always loved your seminary stories, as to where you truly gained your testimony of the gospel. Cool, now to have one of your own begin on that same journey.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean 'getting older'? High school was just a couple of years ago for you wasn't it? You're not really older until some punk points at you and calls you 'elderly'. Just wait. That's cool though that she gets to experience some of what you experienced, at least the physical places. They're not just stories, the places really exist. :)

Chelsie said...

ha i love the things you were noticing about your seminary teacher...your stories/posts always make me chuckle!

BeautyFul said...

I found you again!!! That is just too fun that you and Rojita can share experiences... just a few years later!

I bet you two planned that together in heaven... I'll just bet...