Monday, March 16, 2009
Exercise, Shmexercise!
So, can I tell you, I really do not like to exercise. I joined a gym a few months ago and went pretty consistently up until the middle of January. And now I've started up again. Today I did a cycling class and thought I was going to die. Now really, is a toned, fit, healthy body really worth all the pain? At one point during the class we were pedaling while standing with the tension on the wheels pretty tight and I thought my legs were going to explode. I truly could imagine myself falling sideways off the bike and since my feet are strapped on to the pedals, the bike falling with me. At that point, Bonnie, our instructor shouts out, "You're doing great! You're already HALF way through this 'hill'." At that point I imagined myself jumping off the bike and slapping her really hard for doing this to me. Violent, I know. But really, what's wrong with soft and fluffy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh my goodness! I don't know exercise over relaxing, sitting on the couch eating chocolate. I have found that too be my favorite form of exercise, that hand to mouth movement, I can really feel the burn. In my opinion exercise isn't what it's cracked up to be. Now those good early morning walks along Polk, i am always up for. Any takers.
Okay Heather Joy...I am totally retarded. I have tried to go on cutest blog on the block and set one up for me but I can't figure it out!!!! Uuuugh!
ps. I LOVE SPIN CLASS!!!!!
Apparently exercise doesn't always result in lean and mean (I'm talking about me) but it sure helps for endurance, it's hard to keep up with family and housecleaning. Now there's a subject I despise, housecleaning! (shudder) I agree with Lynny, walking is exhilerating.
Oops, I forgot to put my name in. I'm anonymous.
Keep it up joy!!! You can do it.
ah i'm impressed, i haven't done a cycling class since before i was pregnant and they kicked my trash, i'm pretty sure i would die now
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!
Wow, I'm impressed...gym..spinning class? You're awesome. I think about going running, but never can get myself to do it. How sad is that?
Post a Comment