Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Undefeated!

Back about (gulp) 20-ish years ago, I wasn't too bad at playing basketball. I loved it then and have had only a few opportunities since then to play. But recently I've been able to play on a team that not only is good, we're completely undefeated! These past few months we've played 2-3 times a week and boy, we DOMINATE!

Amazingly enough there are only 2 players on my team and sometimes my teammate doesn't want to play so, yes, it's only me and yet I still manage to be undefeated. There's only one other team in my "league". They are pretty tough but no match for my experience and skill level. Their team consists of two players and if you add their ages together and times it by 1.8 you get my age. To them, I'm amazing!

My team... Me and Big T

vs.

I-gick and Ky-guy!



Like clockwork at about 4 p.m. my doorbell rings and there they are, my most rivaled (and only) opponents. "Can you come out and play?" they ask. Followed by, "We're gonna beat you soooo bad this time!" To which I laugh and answer, "Are you sure you won't cry this time after I whip you again?" Ha, ha, ha, (evil laugh), ha!!! And then out I go to boost my confidence that yes, I can whoop two 10 year old boys! Big T does a great job of being a screen for me. He also distracts the other team by laughing the entire time. However, he hasn't quite got the idea that when he throws the ball in he's supposed to throw it to me. It's much more fun for him to throw it to one of the boys!

I told Rojita to come take a picture because one day when these boys have to look down to see me I will have proof that there was a day when I could whip those two at basketball!

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

haha, just the way you worded this is awesome. i'm going to have to show up one day at four so coop and i can be cheerleaders...i need to see this in action

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! You did write that well, and I love the picture. I can just see Big T having so much fun. What a great mom!

Lynny said...

WOW! perhaps those little ballers don't know who they are messing with! Maybe pull out those high school team pictures of little miss thing. Now to make it really interesting I think that I should come and shoe them how it's done. Really though nice to know how you are spending your afternoons.
Way FUN!

Lynny said...

so I didn't mean shoe, oops! I meant show, way big difference. Oh and don't make fun of my picture. I'm working on changing it, but it's the only cute picture that I have.

Melissa said...

That is awesome!!! Well, Joy, I hope you can still sleep at night! Come on! They ae only Ten! But come to think of it, Iwould feel pretty good about myself too!